How I Use AI to Turn Meeting Notes into Diagrams in Minutes
Partly created with AI
How I Use AI to Turn Meeting Notes into Diagrams in Minutes
For years, meetings have been a graveyard of good ideas—buried in notebooks, scattered across emails, or lost in the endless scroll of chat logs. Capturing what matters is one thing. Making it usable is another. That’s where AI-powered diagramming has become a quiet revolution in how I work.
In this article, I’ll walk you through how I use AI tools like ChatGPT and Eraser to convert messy meeting notes into clean, understandable diagrams—in minutes. No design background required, no painstaking box-drawing needed.
Step 1: Capturing the Raw Notes
Whether it's a workshop, a brainstorming session, or a status update, I usually jot down bullet points or summaries in a simple text format:
- Supplier delivers to central warehouse
- Items picked by order number
- Packed per customer region
- Transport scheduled by cutoff time
- Delivery tracked via TMS dashboard
Not beautiful. Not structured. But it's a start.
Step 2: Prompting the AI
Then I open ChatGPT (or another AI assistant) and use a simple prompt:
"Turn the following process description into a Mermaid.js flowchart diagram."
And paste in the bullet list. ChatGPT typically returns something like:
flowchart TD
A[Supplier Delivery] --> B[Central Warehouse]
B --> C[Pick by Order Number]
C --> D[Pack by Customer Region]
D --> E[Schedule Transport]
E --> F[Track in TMS Dashboard]This gives me a readable flowchart in seconds. I can tweak labels or add conditions if needed.
Step 3: Visualizing with the Right Tool
To make this visual, I drop the code into one of these tools:
-
Mermaid Live Editor: Paste in Mermaid syntax directly. Great for quick previews, tweaks, and exports.
-
Eraser.io: While it supports AI-assisted diagramming, it uses its own structure (not Mermaid syntax). Instead, you can describe your diagram in natural language, and Eraser will try to generate the visuals using its own logic.
So choose the tool depending on your starting point:
-
If you're working with Mermaid code, use Mermaid Live Editor.
-
If you're describing a process in plain text, try Eraser.io for AI-supported generation.
Why This Works So Well
-
Speed: From notes to diagram in under 5 minutes.
-
Clarity: Helps align stakeholders who tune out during verbal descriptions.
-
Reusability: The Mermaid code is versionable, editable, and can be reused across docs.
Bonus Tip: Use AI to Refine Structure
If your notes are chaotic, you can first ask ChatGPT:
"Summarize the following into 5 logical steps with short titles."
This helps turn spaghetti into structure before diagramming.
Final Thoughts
Diagrams aren’t just for architects anymore. With a bit of AI help, anyone can turn messy thoughts into structured visuals. If you’ve ever said "We really should map this out" and then never did—this method will change your workflow.
Start with what you already have: your notes.




Reacties
Een reactie posten